Sunday 20 March 2011

Slowing down

The days are moving fast and the summer produce is starting to slow down. The tomato plants are all gone. We are still eating tomatoes though as I let the green ones ripen up. Not long before they are all gone as well and I will be waiting impatiently for next season.

There are still mini harvests going on and every main meal of the day that is cooked will have something from the garden in it.

This lot were used in a chilled couscous salad yesterday. Not sure what the mini capsicums are due to my poor record keeping skills but they are sweet.

Today I pulled the rest of the carrots. I do not seem to have much luck with them every year. They were cooked with the beans of which there are still plenty of in a garlic, butter, olive oil and sesame seed mix. And had with tonights dinner. The taste can not be compared with what is purchased at the store. 







No comments:

Post a Comment